Sunday, September 26, 2004

I'm always kinda late to catch on to things. Double entendres go lost on me for a little bit, until I'm like, "ohhhhhh....". Then everyone turns around to look at me like, "What a dumbwad." It's more than doublespeak, though. Sometimes I'm late to catch on to the beauty of some trends (i.e. pink a couple seasons ago, and now it's green and purple comin' up this winter) and even music and food. This time, kids, I happened to be late catching the beauty of Maroon 5. Omg. This band is so awesome. I listened to one song and found myself needing to listen to five more new ones... I might go buy their cd (which is a big step, considering I'm the queen of piracy--up 'til now I've only bought five: 2 Matchbox Twentys cuz I love them, 1 Creed, 1 Fuel and 1 Staind).

So.. I went out last night to this girl Laura's party (no I don't refer to myself in the third person--she's a friend of a friend) and had such an awesome time I had to pinch myself when I got home. There were a lot of people there I just clicked with and Laura herself is just a taller version of me with an afro. She's adorable. Her sisters are adorable. Her dad's adorable (he wouldn't let me leave without giving me this huge bag of biscotti, samples from his work). We played Taboo, people--can you believe it? I was so happy at the end of the night I didn't know what to do with myself but chill out and go to bed.

Josh went out last night too, but I haven't heard from him all day. He usually stays out until the next morning which bothers me cuz he's out with "lady friends", but whenever he doesn't talk to me for an entire day it always weirds me out. Something could have happened to him and then how would I know? Who would call me? Geez. He really needs to buy a cell phone, and then a clue that you're supposed to call your friggin g/f if you don't IM her the day after a wild night of partying with your "lady friends". Whatever.

I took Nicole out to an early dinner at the Olive Garden and we had a fun time. She had the cutest stories about her and her brother and the way she tried to run away several times. Funny, but I never thought about running away at all. Guess I didn't think I had much of a place to go, lol. Besides, there were kinda a lot of sex offenders in my neighborhood (1 on my block and like 8 or so in a mile radius). Anyways, that will end this entry on a high note. I'd chalk this up to an excellent weekend if I didn't still have 3 more pages left to type for a paper due Tuesday. But that's not so bad in itself, is it? ;)

I hope your recovery Sunday was good for you, baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home