Monday, September 20, 2004

Just a note: I'm once again blogging this from the comfort of my own dorm room. Praises be to God, and to ITcom!!

I was thinking, on the way over here from classes, that there seem to be lots of things that we stop saying once we find ourselves with a significant other. I don't know why we stop saying them. Maybe it's because we fear our love will think we don't feel fulfilled and appreciated if we openly discuss the things we (thought we) wanted.

Maybe I'm crazy for feeling this way, but I miss some of those things. I miss some of the dreams I kept cloistered in my heart. When I was a younger girl I'd dream of some guy coming to rescue me--not from any extenuating circumstances or the pangs of adolescence, but from myself. He'd gallop up on horseback to seduce me with serenades and sonnets and take me away to his castle. There we would spend days locked in each other's embrace making out like bandits and nothing more. And that was fine with me. I never really dreamt of children or pets, just a man whose lips and tongue were never dry and whose arms would never tire.

In reality, sometimes love is less glamorous than we dream up. And I'll be the first to admit that there are times when I am disappointed in what turns out to be the real deal. Thankfully, those times are few and far between. Love is nothing like I expected it would be which is, in short, a mixed blessing.


And I can't think of anything else to say on that subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home