Friday, September 10, 2004

I'm one of those people who's content to hate things just for the sake of hating them. Like I'm an avid hater of all things pop. That music is just to sticky-sweet-teeny-bop crap for kids whose idea of angst is chipping a perfect mani the night before the Harvest Barn Dance.

Occasionally, though, some pop song separates itself from the mess of sticky bubble gum and preppy argyle to really grab me. And since I hate Jessica Simpson, it's all the more powerful: Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of me. Yes, I resent anyone who substitutes the traditional "y" for "ee". Yes she's shellacked with lip gloss from head to toe. Yes her voice causes the same effect for me as chewing tin foil. However, the words grab me because of their deep meaning. While I have no right to judge whether or not she understands what she's singing about, I feel that song is one of her good ones.

In other news:

Found out that I had yet one more book to buy. Thankfully, though, I found it online for a mere $40, lovingly used. I wish they'd sell all books like that. In addition to saving trees, we'd all save hundreds to thousands of dollars/year on books. And wouldn't that make people happier? Oh yeah.

I've decided to get involved in campus activities. Upon reflection I realized that up to this point my college career has been relatively uneventful. I'm not the party type and crowds give me a serious case of gas (just kidding--but I hate them). I'm not terribly popular, which doesn't bother me that much, but I'd still like to know I've made some lifetime friends somewhere before I die, you know? So I'm getting more involved with church and the Black Pre-Medical Association (which will hopefully hook me up later in my career here). I was also thinking of pledging in a sorority, but they don't have a chapter here. Perhaps it's at EMU or somethin, though. Gotta check that out.

Josh and I had a fight today about selfishness and seeing each other. I dunno if I've told you that he lives about half an hour away from campus each way. So it's no small feat to see him. Even though I'll have my car, my idea of a fun time is not getting in it to drive half an hour just to spend a couple of hours together. I don't enjoy driving anyway. Even so, we're bumping heads on the fact that now that I'll have transportation I'm not falling over myself to see him any chance I get. Hopefully he and I will work that out before we chop each others' heads off. And he said something about us getting dressed up this weekend. (I'm secretly hoping that he's taking me to dinner or something incredibly cool like that cuz he looks quite hott dressed up mmmm...)

Finally, Friday's classes are scheduled until 5, people, so wish me luck with 'em. The bro will be here to deliver the car, so all should be well. Leave love and be good tomorrow night, kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home