Sunday, September 12, 2004

Sometimes I feel really overwhelmed by the stuff that's going on around me.

I got my car this weekend and realized that there's really no point in having one on campus. It's a money drain and a hassle because there's nowhere to park on campus. I end up parking in a lot thats around the stadium, nowhere near where my dorm is--and it's not like I use it daily, either. Plus gas, plus the people who only love you because you have wheels.. But I'm working on my cheerful attitude about it, I swear.

When I come home this weekend after spending a couple nights with Josh, I find that our internet is out. So my roommate comes in and tells me that she had a few friends over last night and one of them rips the internet jack out of the wall. Instead of calling to have it fixed, she just leaves it there all night.. So our internet's out again. Great. I have to call the rescomp people and have them come fix our stuff. That's not so bad.

As if that weren't enough, though, she asks me quite bluntly, "Where were you last night?" And I'm thinking, "wtf, are you my mom now?" I gave her some story about where I was (because where I was is really my business, right?" and blah-blah-blah. That's a rude question. A better way to put it would be, "How was your weekend?" or something equally gently put.

Guys, I wouldn't be so put-out about all this hassle if I hadn't had my mom calling me and shiznit like that all weekend. I talked to her Friday night at like midnight and by like 4 on Saturday she's all calling me like "I need to know where you are, I'm worried about you.." Mother, I talked to you not 20 hours ago.. why are you freaking out?? I can't stand the way they hold the leash so tightly on me for no reason at all. And Jonathan can go out and stay with these figurative friends and have them be responsible for getting him home for the weekend and that they're fine with. It's so annoying.

I don't think I should have children. I don't want to run the risk of treating them like they're 5 when they're 20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home