Friday, October 15, 2004

As the weeks go by I become a busier and busier girl, it seems. My free time is spread out all over the place in extracurricular activities like clubs and working. The other time I spend working. I told you I've got two jobs, and it's really hard to get them done in addition to studying and homework (mostly papers), Bible study, church on Wednesday nights, and still trying to fit in 2 hours of [adult swim] each night. :)

I'm not sure if I came upon an epiphany this afternoon while talking to the greatest chem professor here at U of Michigan: Dr. Kathleen Nolta. (I totally love her, no joke.) She offered to write me a recommendation and we were talking about what I need it for, etc, and I attempted to explain what I want to do with this stuff, and with a medical degree. And I'm not sure if what I really want is to be an ob/gyn. I know that whatever I do I want to help people in a meaningful way, in such a way that they can't crowd me out of their life--actively. I don't want to own some psychiatry practice or law firm where people only come when they want something. Like I said, I want it to be something they don't have to think about, something they expect. And I want to fall into place in their hearts that way, without them even realizing that I'm there--mandatory, yet unobtrusive.

I need to ask God what he has planned for me because I have no clue.

In less enthralling news, I'm going to see a play featuring my RA. That should be cool. Also, Fall Break is this weekend so I'm taking Nicole and heading outta here so we can recoup after the stresses of school. Man, I'm totally beat. I opened the museum at 8 this morning then went to English and then chem lab, then got my brother's birthday present and tickets to my RA's show, then went and picked up the car from the lot. I gotta leave again in about an hour and head over to the theater, so.. lemme get ready. Enjoy your weekend, children. I love y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home