Monday, January 30, 2006

haven't ranted in awhiles, so...

I haven't put a rant up in awhile, and I just wanted to make sure that people knew I'm still alive and there are still things that displease her majesty, her majesty being me. :)

Let's start from the top of the list of things that have recently been buggin' me:

1. Ugg Boots on college campuses

This is a widespread epidemic. It seems as though unsuspecting young college women have stepped in colorful piles of dogshit and have been brainwashed into thinking that said colorful piles of dogshit are stylish/cute. As a lipstick feminist, I'm offended at the new generation of chicks who now believe that comfort must equate with ugliness. We're raising a new breed of women who refuse to wear heels, however low, or shoes that feature neither steel toe nor any point whatsoever because "they'll make my feet hurt!" Yeah, but come this summer you'll still be wearing pink dogshit with your miniskirt. That makes sense. I'm sticking with the Facebook group "all those wearing uggs should have their legs severed at the knees".

2. PDA

No, I'm not talking about your Blackberry or any other Personal Digital Assitant. I'm talking about the compulsion some people have to openly tongue, grope, or otherwise mangle their significant others in public. I care not if you are straight, gay, or just a slut.. I don't need to see that. It doesn't get me off to see you playing hide the salami with your gf on your lap in broad daylight. As a matter of fact, it's quite repulsive. That's why we save that stuff for dark, alcohol-fueled parties on Saturday nights--that way, by Monday we've forgotten all about it.

3. Sorority girls

This one's tricky because not all sororities are the same. Some sorority girls I've met have been very sweet. However, I am reserving this category for the whore-ority girls with giant fruit fly glasses and no sense of sisterhood. These ladies' (term used loosely.. just like them!) have the super powers of: cattiness, bitchiness, promiscuity, the ability to talk exceptionally loudly on a pink rhinestone-studded cell phone(I sincerely do not give a shit if Tracy drank so much last night that you found her in her underwear on the balcony of Chi Psi Tri. I'd care more if she'd jumped), and of course the ability to get themselves in terribly funny alcohol-related mishaps. As an RA, I'm privy to lots of things like that. But I don't find it remotely amusing to be awakened at 5am on a Saturday morning because you totally can't find your key and you have nooooooooo idea where it is because you totally had it in your pocket when you went out last night and you must have left it when that really hot guy totally had his hand in your back pocket and you knew you shouldn't have but you let him anyway cuz you were soooooooooo totally drunk! omg omg
Yeah, save it.


I know this one was mostly about me griping about my fellow women, but I've been holding that in for awhile. And having Bruce in my life is making me a little more sympathetic toward guys since there's at least one sweet one out there :). I'm sure I'll have rants for them soon enough.

Other than that, just chilling, taking my time with this whole school thing. Things are going relatively well. How are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home