Thursday, September 08, 2005

Pre-grad freak out

I'm having another little crisis.. as graduation approaches I find myself growing more and more afraid that I'll have nothing to do come April. I know that I don't really want to go to law school except to have something decent to do with my life.. My passion isn't law, or teaching really... I want to write. And I don't know how to be able to do that for a market that grows increasingly competitive with each passing day. I read other people, like Hugo, for example.. and then I read my stuff and I really don't see any comparison. I just want to cry with frustration. It's like my worst fears realized--all this money spent for the experience of doing something wild and wonderful with my life only to end up like the other college graduates with nothing to do after graduation.

I have to be willing to work hard to get what I want. And I suppose what I could want is to go into publishing. But how do you tell your parents that it's taken you longer than normal to figure out what it is you were put on earth to do? And once you've told them, how do you make life work out alright? I wonder. If anyone has already graduated and is successfull.. or even if you're not, counsel me. I really need some help.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home