Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Don't fight it. I know you missed me.

I'm always amazed at my ease in and readiness to characterize other people's actions as unfair.

Riddle me this: why is it so easy to see things from the outside, like the problems in that girl's relationship with her boyfriend, or the toothpaste on your best friend's shirt? Vision clarity is dependent upon distance from an object.

If you've ever read Hamlet, then you'll understand me when I say I feel like Claudius in that famous monologue he has with God about how he does what he does and should feel sorry, but that it doesn't work because the motivations behind his actions remain. Perhaps my sentiments aren't as extreme as that, but I'm in the neighborhood.

Lately life has been pretty even. Everything here's so cyclic that it bears little mention here, which is my excuse for not writing even on a weekly basis. I guess it's also that I've really lost a lot of my passion for this medium.

To be honest, I've become a bitter and jaded adult. The things my mom goes through to stroke my dad's ego I have no interest in doing with other men. If I don't feel like cooking, I'm not going to. If I don't feel like doing dishes or ironing his shirts, I'm not going to. And I for damn sure ain't gonna kiss anybody's ass when he's behaving like a 13-year-old jerk. It makes me think I'll never get married sometimes. Or if I do, will I end up just regretting it, living out my days with 8 kids, my ass spreading to fit the chair and frown lines? It's not like my life is super-amazing now, but I am not hunting for anything worse than I have now.

That's what like half of me is saying in response to the normal, good-girly half. But I usually shut that perky bitch up most of the time with television.

I've been doing some really--well, selfish---self-improvement lately. I told you about the running thing.. well I've kept that up the past month which makes me really proud. This week starts week 5, which is good. I've also started doing watercolor as of today, so while it's not really awesome, I do like it quite a lot and intend to do more so I get good. These little self-improvement projects help me feel like more of a worthwhile person, so maybe people will want to spend more time with me.

So.. I suppose that's all that's been in the works for me lately, as far as I have liberty to share with you all. Perhaps a time will come again where I tell all, but since I am (and have) a pussy, that will not be anytime soon. I bid you goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home