Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Don't get me started on the cosmos...

I've been crazy busy the past few days but still found time to read three books so far. Right now I'm about halfway through the fourth in addition to keeping up with the reading for my loyola class and taking care of work and the stuff I'm doing for Kaplan. Tonight finds me with a well-earned, throbbing headache which has been doing so since about 6 this evening.

I've been thinking about relationships a ton, and what makes me tick in them. More times than I care to admit, people have told me that I just make things way too complicated. Maybe that's true. But then, have you really stopped to think about how complicated everything is?

Relationships, for example, are extremely complicated on every level. You have two people with different thoughts getting together because their ideas or destinies--all things that are immaterial--have bound them together. Steven King calls it their ka in a book series about a "gunslinger". Ka is deceptively simple, though. Breaking it down, it means destiny, fate, life force, tons of stuff. I dunno how to explain it better than that. See, it is complicated.

Don't get me started on the cosmos.

Gosh, I'm tired. This entry was meant to be longer but I just don't have the strength. Goodnight and sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home