Thursday, March 10, 2005

For my own sake, I wish I had stuff of more substance to say. These days it seems like I'm just shadows and air instead of the real deal. I've been cutting people off with every thought and speaking way before I let myself process information. At times I'm aware of this so I'm able to cut down on it but most of the time that split second between thought and speech is just that--a split second. So if I've interrupted you mid-sentence, forgive me.

I'm working on the whole law school business these days, i.e. investigating online viewbooks and trying to find a school that would be a good fit for me. While I value the experience I've had at UM, I don't think that this was exactly a good fit. Perhaps I could have been better off somewhere else, but it's a little late for could'ves, as Homer Simpson would say.
The requirements for continuing education at other institutions are extremely demanding. Many of the colleges I've researched claim that, on average, the students they attract have GPAs of approximately 3.7. Can you believe that? That leaves me to wonder if there really are students with GPAs more like mine, in the 2.9-3.0 range. Do they exist or do they just drop out of college and go into the workforce directly out of school? And it makes me feel that perhaps I haven't made the most of my college career by being lazy, not proactive. I dunno.

At any rate, I'd like to go somewhere in IL to cut down on costs somewhat, and that leaves the problem of what will happen between Josh and me. But I've said that already, right? So I'll move on.

In non-complaining news, this week hasn't been that difficult. I can only remember a few specific instances where I've felt unhappy, namely after my prelaw advising session, when I considered dropping orgo II, and feeling fat (but that's always there, nagging at me). But both those things are pretty small-scale. I've got dinner planned with a kid from staff class tonight which I'm looking forward to, and afterwards I'm going to sleep the evening away. All in all, it should turn into a pretty decent weekend.

Don't dismay; I'll keep you posted if anything good happens. Au revoir les enfants!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home